Saturday, January 5, 2013

DIY 'grunge' denim vest




I had this old Levi's lack luster denim jacket.
About a few months ago, I chopped off the sleeves and it became a vest,
but I really wanted to customize it more. 
The studs and spikes are from studsandspikes.com (how perfect lol),
and many of the patches and pins are from eBay or handmade.
The 1996 pin is actually from a vintage market, and the Obama pin
I got from a friend that campaigned for OBA.
The eat shit and diet patch (one of my FAVORITES, 
and sadly a motto I inadvertently live by) is from Unif. 
All the paint is some random acrylic brand from Michaels.
Keep in mind, I already had most of this stuff already, being the junkie I am,
so obviously I recommend using whatever materials you have.
For example, the light pink rose patch is cut out of baby clothes.











4 comments:

  1. This is quite possibly the most amazing DIY I've ever seen - I love it so much, looks amazing!

    http://filthypaws-and-silkydrawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love the way you take your photos too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you that means a lot! I just followed you on bloglovin :)

      Delete